Saturday, January 14, 2012

I don't regret going, but the day disappeared when I signed up to go to Bristol for some stake youth-and-parent activity.  It wasn't bad when it was good, but it was long even when it was good.

I wish I could tell stories with even half of the charisma of the sweet couple in our ward.  The husband has backpacked and traveled the world.  In Holland he didn't have money to pay (or just didn't want to pay) for accommodations, so, unbeknownst to the owners, he spent a few nights in the back greenhouse of some strangers.

Lists of things I should have done run through my head.  Half my weekend chores done.  None of the study time.  I got a shipment of odd assortments in the mail.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do with the largest one.  Something tells me I'm not going to get out of it easily.

Maybe a better present would have been a dictionary.

No comments: